- Immediate Start
- Skill develop opportunities
- Competitive salary, based on experience
Strathfield Council is seeking people with great attitudes and seeking ongoing stable work.
Council is set to deliver major projects across the community over the following year and beyond. The position of the Labourer is to assist in constructing and maintaining Council's road infrastructure including footpaths, roads and drainage.
This position sits within the Works team and reports to the Works Team Leader. The Works team forms part of the wider Service Delivery section at Strathfield Council.
- School certificate or equivalent
- Experience in concreting and general labouring including form work, concrete finishing, paving, road works, asphalting and drainage works.
- Be physically able to carry out labouring work
- Be committed to applying multi-skilling in the workplace.
- Effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Hold a valid MR drivers licence.
- Hold a certificate for General Induction for construction work in NSW
- Traffic control tickets "Traffic Controller (Blue Card)" and "Implement Traffic Control Plans (Yellow Card) ".
- Demonstrated experience working with WHS requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving councils values and organisational behaviours
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
- Experience in line marking and sign installation
- Experience in operation of Backhoe, Skid Steer and Roller
- First Aid certificate.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary ranging from $46,216.38-$52,616.37 + superannuation
- Rostered day off every 9 days
Please review the information available on our recruitment hub http://strathfieldcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au and address all the essential and desirable selection criteria in the position description (not exceeding 1 page).
If you have any questions about the role, please email Gordon Malesevic: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 25 October 2017