Principal Engineer - Development Control
To ensure we deliver our vision, Strathfield Council is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal Engineer Development Control to join our ever growing Council and contribute to the local community within a fast paced environment. We are seeking an individual that will foster the core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity and Professionalism whilst adding value and quality to the organisation.
The main purpose of the Principal Engineer Development Control is to:
- Provide expert engineering advice on all development applications and land use planning matters and also oversee the approvals and construction of works on public land by private contractors.
- Monitor and audit engineering requirements associated with approved developments and subdivisions as required.
- Develop Council's policies on engineering controls pertaining to private developments and represent Council at meetings and hearings pertaining to private developments.
- Accredited tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in engineering assessment of complex development applications and in construction and inspection in the civil engineering field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with proven ability to negotiate and interact on technical and sometimes sensitive issues;
- Current Class C Driver's Licence.
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary from $81,000 up to $102,800 p/a plus Super
- Access to vehicle lease back options
- Flexible work arrangements (9 day fortnight)
Professional Development Opportunities
Please review the information and position description available on our recruitment hub http://strathfieldcouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au and address all the essential selection criteria above in your cove letter.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Gordon Malesevic: email@example.com
Applications close at 5.00pm on 22 February 2018.